This article has automatically been translated by a bot. Here is the original French version.
Here is a simple and effective checklist with the essential elements to succeed in its networking. Networking is divided into three parts: before, during and after an event.
Ahead of the event
This step is crucial. You can’t make an appointment without preparing it. A networking session is no exception. Good preparation necessarily increases your chances of meeting saye.
- Set your goals
- Identify events that bring value-added people together based on your goal (e.g. Meetup)
- Prepare and refine your presentation (elevator pitch)
- Print your business cards
During the event
Each event is different but some steps remain the same. This is the moment of truth! Put your preparation into practice and don’t forget to be yourself!
- Arrive on time
- Dare to break the ice
- Focus on active listening
- Don’t talk more than 10 minutes with the same person
- Swap your business cards with the right people
- Set a suite to your exchanges to go into more detail
- Take notes so you don’t forget anything
After the event
Networking doesn’t stop at the end of an event. You’ve had some interesting encounters. It’s time to turn these encounters into relationships. Don’t hesitate to give your time without a party. It’s also about building relationships.
- Thank you email
- Adding people to LinkedIn
- Keep your commitments
- Making the connection
- Monitoring and development of the relationship over time
I hope this checklist will help you to have a global vision of the actions to be taken to succeed in your networking. Don’t hesitate to equip yourself with tools like NRM – Network Relationship Manager to best manage each of your relationships.